About the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
CIMA (the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) is is the world’s leading and largest professional body of management accountants with 281,467 students and 106,095 members. CIMA is one of the member of professional associations for accountants in the UK and Ireland and is also a member of the International Federation of Accountants. To be admitted as a CIMA Associate, a candidate must have completed a period of qualifying practice of at least two years and passed 12 qualifying examinations (nine Objective Tests and three Case Study exams).
The CIMA qualification is recognised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an appropriate qualification for the following non-RDR activities:
(15) Overseeing on a day to day basis operating a collective investment scheme or undertaking activities of a trustee or depositary of a collective investment scheme;
(16) Overseeing on a day to day basis safeguarding and administering investments or holding client money;
(17) Overseeing on a day to day basis administrative functions in relation to managing investments;
(18) Overseeing on a day to day basis administrative functions in relation to effecting or carrying out contracts of insurance which are life policies; and
(19) Overseeing on a day to day basis administrative functions in relation to the operation of stakeholder pension schemes.
CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
- BA1 Fundamentals of Business Economics
- BA2 Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- BA3 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- BA4 Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law
CIMA Professional Qualification Structure
The qualification is structured in three levels.
The Operational level consists of 4 examinations:
- E1: Managing Finance in a Digital World
- P1: Management Accounting
- F1: Financial Reporting
- Operational Level Case study
* After successfully completing this level, students will receive the CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting.
The Management level consists of 4 examinations:
- E2: Managing Performance
- P2: Advanced Management Accounting
- F2: Advanced Financial Reporting
- Management Level Case study
* On completion of this level, students receive the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting.
The Strategic level involves 4 examinations:
- E3: Strategic Management
- P3: Risk Management
- F3: Financial Strategy
- Strategic Level Case study
CIMA Training at London School of Finance and Law
London School of Finance and Law offers a wide range of courses in finance and tax law that can be taken alongside your professional qualification studies elsewhere. A globally recognised accounting qualification, together with a national qualification you may be pursuing, will increase your chances to work in an international company.
As a student of London School of Finance and Law, you can enrol in our CIMA exam preparation programme:
CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting (1,5 years)
CIMA Professional Qualification (3 years)
Year 1: Operational level
Year 2: Management level
Year 3: Strategic level
You can join the programmes at any level, depending on the CIMA exams you have already passed.
Please note that our tuition includes access to study materials, online practice tests, tutor-marked assignments and mock exams via a dedicated virtual learning environment (VLE), but it is up to you to pay additional fees to register as a student member at CIMA and to pass exams at your chosen exam centre.
Online learning with tutor guidance and support
How long it takes
The course at each level and in each programme starts three times a year – in January, May and September.
You need to be able to spend approximately 8 hours per week on studying each programme module.
Teaching and assessment
A tutor will guide you throughout the study process and mark and comment on your written work. You and your tutor will primarily communicate with each other through email.
The course work includes online practice tests, tutor-marked assignments and end-of-module assessment. You must use the online VLE-system to submit your end-of-module assessment.
The Pass mark for each module is 50%. Upon successful completion, students are issued a certificate of completion from London School of Finance and Law.
Please note that it is your responsibility to take CIMA exams in your selected exam centre after completing each module with us.
All study materials (including Microsoft Office presentations and Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) versions of selected study materials) are provided on the module website. You can purchase study materials from CIMA approved content providers – Kaplan Publishing or BPP Learning Media – to revise for your exams.
A computer with a browser and broadband internet access is required for this module. Functionality may be limited on mobile or tablet devices.
If you have a disability or particular study requirements, please tell us as soon as possible.
English language requirements
The language of instruction is English. There is no formal requirement to prove your English language proficiency to study our courses, but you are expected to have English reading and writing skills equivalent to B2+ CEFR level to pass CIMA exams.
Course start date: 18 September 2021
The module website will be available to registered students three days in advance of module start. Module sessions will be opened on a weekly basis to enable tutor-led, gradual progression through the study materials and continuous assessment.
Course registration is open, but please be aware that due to the increased demand it may take us longer to respond than usual.
Registration closes 11 September 2021 (places subject to availability)
Registration for current students:
Registration for new students:
You have to register as an LSFL student to enrol in this programme.
Tuition fees depend on the level and duration of courses: check tuition fee rates for the current academic year here.
You may be eligible for tuition funding.