What you will study
- CEFR levels: B2-C1 (Upper-Intermediate/Advanced)
- Developing English language skills: grammar, reading, listening and writing
- Expanding vocabulary related to the following topics: family life and personal relations; leisure time, media and entertainment; work and careers; education; tourism and travelling; nature, the environment and energy; science and progress; culture, art and traditions; health and sport; global challenges; cities and infrastructure; countryside and agriculture; government and the authorities; business, finance and law
- Improving communicative skills: interpersonal communication skills and cross-cultural communication skills
- IELTS exam preparation strategies and tips
Key features of the course
- Flexibility to suit your needs – allowing you to study anytime, anywhere
- An emphasis on personal and professional development through independent learning
- Relevance of topics, terminology and language skills to the context of interpersonal and cross-cultural communications and IELTS exam preparation
- Online practice tests and tutor-marked assignments to reinforce learning
- Certificate of completion from London School of Finance and Law
We offer a wide range of English language courses for tax, accounting and finance professionals planning to move to an English-speaking country for work or further studies in their professional fields. All our English language courses have been accredited by Oxford TESOL Accreditation Centre (Accreditation Number: 6172186221).
IELTS will help you communicate more confidently with people all over the world and pass an IELTS exam successfully to study in the UK or in any other English-speaking country.
This intensive English language course can be taken alongside your degree or professional qualification studies elsewhere or as part of your informal career development programme. It will be of particular value to prospective students applying to study at a university abroad or to undergraduate, postgraduate or professional students of business management, accounting and tax law.
- Language skills
- Key skills
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Transferable skills
- University studies
- Accounting professions
- Financial management
- Law or law-related fields
- Tax advisory
- Investment analysis and management
- Business administration
- General management
- Sales and marketing
- Risk management
- Management consultancy
- Business and financial journalism
- Professional bodies
- Professional training
- Further education
- Educational management
- English for Specific Purpose (ESP) teaching
- Coaching, mentoring and counselling in finance, tax advisory and business management
- Government offices and NGOs
Online learning with tutor guidance and support
How long it takes
4 months (128 hours)
You need to be able to spend approximately 8 hours per week on studying this module.
Teaching and assessment
A tutor will guide you throughout the study process and mark and comment on your written work. You and your tutor will primarily communicate with each other through email.
The course work includes online practice tests, tutor-marked assignments and end-of-module assessment. You must use the online VLE-system to submit your tutor-marked assignments and end-of-module assessment.
The Pass mark for the module is 50%. Upon successful completion, students are issued a certificate of completion from London School of Finance and Law.
All study materials are provided on the module website.
Microsoft Office presentations and Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) versions of study material are available.
A computer with a browser and broadband internet access is required for this module. Functionality may be limited on mobile or tablet devices.
If you have a disability or particular study requirements, please tell us as soon as possible.
Fees and funding
Course fees for 2023/2024 academic year: £720
Course fees cover registration, course materials, tuition and assessment.
LSFL course fees depend on the level and duration of courses: check all tuition fee rates for the current academic year here.
You may be eligible for tuition funding.
Next term start date: 20 May 2024
The module website will be available to registered students three days in advance of the module start. Module sessions will be opened every week or every two weeks to enable tutor-led, gradual progression through the study materials and continuous assessment.
Course registration is open, but please be aware that due to the increased demand it may take us longer to respond than usual.
Registration closes 10 May 2024 (places subject to availability)
Registration for current students:
Registration for new students:
You have to register as an LSFL student to study this course.
IELTS starts three times a year – in January, May and September.