Professional Diploma in Business Administration, Finance and Law is a non-regulated professional qualification designed by London School of Finance and Law for finance students and practitioners who want to upgrade existing knowledge and skills in areas related to business management, accounting and corporate and tax law.
Part I: Core Modules
- An introduction to business and business management
- Company formation, management and administration
- Corporate and business law (UK and international)
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Audit and financial control
- Taxation, tax law and business planning (UK or international)
- The economic environment of business and finance
- Business strategy and technology
- Business valuation and sources of finance
- Project management and project finance
- Risk management in business and finance
- Leadership, management, supervision and business communication
- Business ethics, corporate governance and social responsibility
- Information technology and information systems in business
- Conducting a small-scale research project on business administration, finance and law
Part II: Specialisation (optional)
Within the framework of this professional qualification, you may wish to pursue one of the following specialisations:
- Music Production
- Film Production
- Video Games Production
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Logistics and Transport
- International Business
If you opt for a specialisation, we will indicate it in your diploma (e.g. Professional Diploma in Business Administration, Finance and Law (Tourism and Hospitality)). Alternatively, besides the main diploma, you can be awarded an additional advanced certificate in your chosen specialisation (e.g. Advanced Certificate in Sports Management, Finance and Law / Advanced Certificate in Agricultural Business, Economics and Finance / Advanced Certificate in Pharmaceutical Economics, Policy and Investment / etc.).
Part III: Optional Courses
You will be able to select any two optional courses* from the following LSFL course list to complete your qualification:
- Corporate Finance
- Forensic Accounting
- Financial Management
- Performance Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Inheritance Tax, Trusts and Estates
- International Taxation
- Economic History
- Business Economics
- Business Mathematics
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Economics for Investment Decision-Making
- Sustainable Finance: Major Issues in ESG and SR Investing
- Learning and Training for Personal Effectiveness at Work
- Professional Ethics in Accounting and Tax Advisory Services
* The optional courses are free if taken as part of this qualification. You will be sent details about registration for the optional courses after you start your studies with us.
Key features of the course
- Flexibility to suit your needs – allowing you to study anytime, anywhere
- An emphasis on personal and professional development through independent learning
- Relevance of topics and practical examples to the context of your own professional practice
- Illustrative practice activities with solutions, “test your understanding” activities and tutor-marked assignments to reinforce learning
The course can be taken alongside your degree or professional qualification studies elsewhere or as part of your informal career development programme. The professional diploma is unique in that it provides a strong background to the essential knowledge and skills in business administration and familiarises students with the specificity of management, finance and law in their chosen area of business.
Professional Diploma in Business Administration, Finance and Law is awarded by London School of Finance and Law, allowing you to work as a company’s secretary, manager, clerk, accountant or tax specialist in a UK or international company.
- Knowledge and understanding of core subject areas
- Independent and critical thinking
- Problem-solving and reasoning
- Practical and professional skills
- Data handling, analytical skills and overall research literacy
- Communication, team working and time management skills
- Accounting professions
- Financial management
- Tax advisory
- Business administration
- Management consultancy
Online learning with tutor guidance and support
How long it takes
12 months (480 hours)
You need to be able to spend approximately 10 hours per week on studying this course.
Teaching and assessment
A tutor will guide you throughout the study process and mark and comment on your written work. You and your tutor will primarily communicate with each other through email.
The course work includes online practice tests, tutor-marked assignments and end-of-course assessment. The end-of-course assessment is a 20-30 page qualification paper on a topic related to business administration, finance and law.
You must use the online VLE-system to submit your tutor-marked assignments and end-of-course assessment.
The Pass mark for the course is 50%.
All study materials are provided on the course website.
Microsoft Office presentations and Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) versions of study material are available.
A computer with a browser and broadband internet access is required for this course. Functionality may be limited on mobile or tablet devices.
If you have a disability or particular study requirements, please tell us as soon as possible.
Fees and funding
Course fees for 2023/2024 academic year: £2,280
Course fees cover registration, course materials, tuition and assessment.
LSFL course fees depend on the level and duration of courses: check all tuition fee rates for the current academic year here.
You may be eligible for tuition funding.
Next term start date: 20 January 2024
The module website will be available to registered students three days in advance of the module start. Module sessions will be opened every week or every two weeks to enable tutor-led, gradual progression through the study materials and continuous assessment.
Course registration is open, but please be aware that due to the increased demand it may take us longer to respond than usual.
Registration closes 10 January 2024 (places subject to availability)
Registration for current students:
Registration for new students:
You have to register as an LSFL student to study this course.
Professional Diploma in Business Administration, Finance and Law starts three times a year – in January, May and September.
You might also be interested in
English language requirements
There is no formal requirement to prove your English language proficiency to study our courses. If English is not your native or second language, or you would like to improve specialist language skills necessary for your profession, you may complete one of the following English language courses:
A full range of our English language courses can be viewed here.