Professional Diploma in Accounting, Auditing and Taxation is a non-regulated professional qualification designed by London School of Finance and Law for finance students and professionals who want to upgrade existing knowledge and skills in areas related to accounting, audit and UK tax law.
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Preparing financial statements
- Interpretation of financial statements
- Audit and assurance
- Corporate and business law
- Taxation and tax compliance
- Professional ethics in accounting and tax advisory services
- Conducting a small-scale research project on accounting, audit or taxation
You will be able to select any two optional courses from the following LSFL course list to complete your qualification:
- Forensic Accounting
- Financial Management
- Performance Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Economic History
- Business Economics
- Business Mathematics
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Sustainable Finance: Major Issues in ESG and SR Investing
- Learning and Training for Personal Effectiveness at Work
- Mastering Effective Communication Skills in the Workplace
Key features of the course
- Flexibility to suit your needs – allowing you to study anytime, anywhere
- An emphasis on personal and professional development through independent learning
- Relevance of topics and practical examples to the context of your own professional practice
- Illustrative practice activities with solutions, “test your understanding” activities and tutor-marked assignments to reinforce learning
The course can be taken alongside your degree or professional qualification studies elsewhere or as part of your informal career development programme.
Professional Diploma in Accounting, Auditing and Taxation is awarded by London School of Finance and Law, allowing you to work as a junior accountant or tax specialist in a UK company.
- Knowledge and understanding
- Key skills
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Transferable skills
- Accounting professions
- Financial management
- Tax advisory
- Business administration
- Management consultancy
Online learning with tutor guidance and support
How long it takes
12 months (480 hours)
You need to be able to spend approximately 10 hours per week on studying this course.
Teaching and assessment
A tutor will guide you throughout the study process and mark and comment on your written work. You and your tutor will primarily communicate with each other through email.
The course work includes online practice tests, tutor-marked assignments and end-of-course assessment. The end–of-course assessment is a 20-30 page qualification paper on a topic related to accounting, audit or taxation.
You must use the online VLE-system to submit your tutor-marked assignments and end-of-course assessment.
The Pass mark for the course is 50%.
All study materials are provided on the course website.
Microsoft Office presentations and Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) versions of study material are available.
A computer with a browser and broadband internet access is required for this course. Functionality may be limited on mobile or tablet devices.
If you have a disability or particular study requirements, please tell us as soon as possible.
Course start date: 29 May 2021
The course website will be available to registered students three days in advance of course start. Course sessions will be opened on a weekly basis to enable tutor-led, gradual progression through the study materials and continuous assessment.
Course registration is open, but please be aware that due to the increased demand it may take us longer to respond than usual.
Registration closes 22 May 2021 (places subject to availability)
Registration for current students:
Registration for new students:
You have to register as an LSFL student to study this course.
Tuition fees depend on the level and duration of courses: check tuition fee rates for the current academic year here.
You may be eligible for tuition funding.
Professional Diploma in Accounting, Auditing and Taxation starts three times a year – in January, May and September.
You might also be interested in
Professional Diploma in Business Management and Corporate Finance
English language requirements
There is no formal requirement to prove your English language proficiency to study our courses. If English is not your native or second language, or you would like to improve specialist language skills necessary for your profession, you may complete one of the following English language courses:
A full range of our English language courses can be viewed here.